1. Course Completion: In order to graduate, all students must successfully complete the following:
4 Courses in English
4 Courses in Social Studies (Including Civics and Government / Economics)
3 Courses in Mathematics
3 Courses in Science (Including Biology)
4 Courses in Physical Education (8 semesters)
2 Courses in Health
1 Course in Driver Education
Electives to meet graduation requirements: (2 of which must be in Arts & Humanities)
2. All students must meet the following requirements in order to be promoted:
to become a sophomore - 4 credits
to become a junior - 9 credits
to become a senior* - 15 credits
to graduate - 21 credits
* A student may be placed in a senior homeroom if he/she has scheduled the proper subjects to be eligible for graduation at the end of that current year.
3. In order to graduate from high school, a student shall complete a graduation project under the guidance and direction of high school faculty. Compliance procedures have been developed by the high school administration.4. Independent Study: Students may elect to complete two (2) of the above courses by way of independent study under the following conditions:
• Students could complete only one per major subject area.
• Students would apply for the independent study option by May 1 of the preceding school year. Application would include parent permission.
• Final approval of application would rest with the high school principal.
• Any costs associated with an Independent Study Course are the responsibility of the student.